PYT's The School Zone Podcast
Join host, David Torres, as he talks with Geneva Taylor about her experience, what led her to become an attorney specializing in special education law matters, and how she developed “Geneva’s Guidance.”
If you missed Wednesday or Friday's Webinar Sessions or any recent Geneva's Guidance Articles, please find a recording and the articles below. We hope you and your team find these resources beneficial!
You are invited to join the Powell, Youngblood & Taylor and the Texas Rural Education Association Teams for a COVID-19 Rural Roundtable.
Rural Superintendents and TREA Panelists will be providing an overview and discussion of innovative rural district solutions to COVID-19 continuity of services.
- Home Based Learning Plans
- Staff Supports
- Stakeholder Communication
To register in advance, please visit:
Online Learning Resources and COVID-19 News
- Governor Abbott has allowed changes to the Election Schedule
- New Primary Runoff Election Dates
- Last day to register to vote - June 15, 2020
- Vote by mail application deadline – July 3, 2020
- Early voting – July 6-10, 2020
- Election Day – July 14
- Local Municipalities can change their local elections from May 2nd to be held in November.
- Governor Abbott has signed an executive order that mandates all travelers returning from New York, California, Washington, Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, Detroit, and all air and road travel from Louisiana.
- The interactive map that allows you to find locations that are offering meals for students while schools are closed is officially live!
As always, PYT will do our best to stay on top of the latest news, but in the meantime continuously check with the Texas Education Agency, the U.S. Department of Education, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the most recent reports concerning COVID-19 and what your school district can do to stay ahead of the illness.